Easter Bunny & REAL Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs:
I found this adorable and delicious recipe on the internet and decided I wanted to try it out. You can find this recipe & walk through here:
For a simplified version I used a Betty Crocker Party Rainbow Chip cake mix and followed the box directions for the cake portion.
I am not to crazy for coconut, so I purchased a white chocolate bunny which are really easy to find at this time of year. I grated this chocolate down and covered this cake with it.
I also used white construction paper and glued pink on it for the ears. The ears and nose stuck to the sticky icing pretty well. But I only put them on when I was ready to serve it.
This cake was lots of fun to make.
REAL Chocolate Eggs:
Surprise your kids this Easter with REAL chocolate eggs!
2 Cups milk or white chocolate chips
Optional: 2-3 TBSP Peanut butter
1) Take a few eggs and punch a hole about the size of a dime or smaller into one of the ends. I used a nail for this part. Drain the egg whites and yolk. ** I did this to more then a few eggs so if some broke I had others to use**
2) Sterilize the eggs by putting them in cold water and boiling them for about 15 minutes.
3) Put your hollow shells gently into water with a few drops of food colouring and a teaspoon of vinegar for about 20-30 minutes or until you have reached your desired colour.
4) Let them dry on paper towels for a few hours.
5) Melt milk chocolate chips on low until melted. Once melted remove from heat, and let this chocolate cool for a few minutes.
6) OPTIONAL:While it is cooling add a couple tablespoons of peanut butter into this chocolate mix. Give it a taste to see if you want to add any more peanut butter.
7) Place a pastry bag with a small tip in a tall glass, and fold the bag over the glass.(You can also use a sandwich bag and just cut a corner off.) Fill bag with chocolate; and pipe the mix gently into the egg. **TIP put your eggs back into the egg carton before you pipe them.**
8) Let eggs cool in the carton and place them bottom down on your serving dishes.
9) Crack open your egg and enjoy your yummy creation.